Monday, September 05, 2022

Labor Day

 Fantastic working afternoon by the pool after a 
productive morning getting things done around the house.

Did a little more sewing to stop the stuffing escaping from this comforter 
and finished making all the beds in the bunkroom. 
(Notable because they're three bunkbeds, totalling six beds, and making bunkbeds is the worst.)

Wasn't about to figure out how to wind a new bobbin with gray thread
but think the pink from last week's domestic project looks just fine. 
I'm a great seamstress when looks don't matter!


Applied to a year long writing MasterClass beginning end of September,
fixed my first three chapters to submit my book to a freelance editor and
and finished my final assignment for my querying class while Dan read his new book
on making gourmet pizzas. He's as engaged in the book as I would be in a great novel.
In fact, more so. I kept falling asleep when I finally had time to read.

He also figured out how to fix the pool lights.

Meanwhile Nick and a few friends got together to work on BYU essays and he completed the rough draft of three of them! He's a great writer and story-teller, not to mention a kid who gets things done.


I've finally convinced Dan to not go shopping and let's use up what we have in the cupboards.
Chris and Courtney both noticed our canned goods are expired by... a few years.
I had to read the .gov website that canned goods are just "best by" and not necessarily rotten when their expiration date had passed to get Nick comfortable with eating dinner using up our canned chicken.
And Dan has discovered the relief of not always having to make something from scratch, 
especially when you don't have much time.

No comments: