Saturday, April 11, 2020

Saturday is a Special Day

Work day!!!

Dan and I started by taking a long bike ride. 18 miles and 1:30. Oof. 
It was hard to be in the saddle that long and my back was killing me. 
BUT, I've now done the uphill at 3000 south five times and I can see marked improvement.

In the beginning of the season, it takes two weeks--or about five or six times--
to feel confident getting up the hill.
The first time is brutal and I keep wishing I could turnout somewhere.
After a couple more times I can get up with confidence. 
And my fourth time I saw improvement in my time.
Today I felt pretty good at that point.

It's a good lesson for me each year that hard things become easier with time.

***

Having three adult or practically adult children home makes doing chores really great!
#1 - They all can work hard and actually be helpful.
#2 - They have super good attitudes. And even go the extra mile.
(Chris was even moving furniture to do a really good job without even being asked.)

It's a mom dream-come-true and another one of the blessings that we can see in spite of Corona.


Then we went outside and moved all the cushions from the basement up to the couches, 
removed the covers, power washed off all the furniture, pulled out the pillow and decorations
and finally the boys started pulling rocks out of the irrigation ditch to clean it up.

It was a ton of work. And I was shocked when we did it all in about two hours! 
Again... kids who work hard and didn't complain. LOVE THEM!

Before
After

And then we went to Hires Big H for car service.
And we ate in the car. Because that's how we do it during Coronavirus Pandemic.


Now Nick is at work, Marty is at Lizzies and Chris is officially done quarantining,
so he's social distance visiting with his friends. Probably in a parking lot from the trunk of their cars.
Because that's how it's done these days.

Lance went to Pizzeria Limone and look who delivered his pizza to his car!
While we were alone, we hid eggs in the yard for a hunt tomorrow.
I asked if they were too old, and no one said "no," but they didn't say "yes" either.
Who doesn't like an Easter egg hunt?

Can you spot two eggs?


Answer:


Do you think this goose is also looking for a place to hide eggs?


No comments: