Monday, April 06, 2020

Life in Quarantine

This pile of books, games and puzzles has been sitting on my counter for two weeks now as a reminder of the fun things we have on hand to do during quarantine.
I've been afraid that if I put them away, we'll forget to do those fun things.
They're our visual reminder that there's more than TV and video games. (And eating.)
But for two weeks they've sat there. And now they're almost just visual clutter.

But I finally opened up the puzzle and we pulled out the games and played.
(Also shown are the seed packets that are still sitting on the counter to remind me to fix the timing on the sprinklers, water the seeds and make a note of when to plant the beans and beets.


My make-up/beauty routine has been dramatically simplified since not going out. 
(Or not caring how my fellow shoppers see me since we're not looking directly at anyone anyway, presumably because we're worried Covid may also be spread by eye contact.)

Brow pencil (this is a must-have for me even on no make-up days), root concealer spray (also a must-have), and light pink lipstick that makes me feel cute when I leave my bathroom mirror, but is so light that it's gone by the time I get down the stairs.
But I don't look in the mirror again, so to me, I still look cute.


Makes getting ready for bed that much simpler as I have no make-up on by the end of the day and therefore none I need to remove. Just one of the Coronavirus blessings to be grateful for.

Also, since our cleaning ladies aren't coming, and everyone has all the time in the world,
I finally taught Nick how to clean his bathroom properly.
It was very rewarding as he has been a germaphobe since birth and was a willing student.

Quote of the day (Nick): "Is this what the cleaning ladies do each week?"
Win of the day: I taught him how to use a dry rag to polish the chrome faucets.
Then, I washed his shower door while he washed down his shower.
When he finished, he looked at the chrome door handle and re-shined what I had apparently not done to his satisfaction. Made my momma heart proud that to bathroom cleaning so naturally.
Grown-Ups of the day: When I told Marty I wanted him to clean his bathroom today, he read my mind that I was itching to walk him through the process and said, "Believe me, Mom, I know how to clean a bathroom. You already taught me, and I did it plenty on my mission so I've had lots of practice." Chris said almost exactly the same thing. 
Phew, so Lizzie won't be disappointed that I didn't do a good enough teaching job. 


Chris found the missionary puzzle piece:



Chris and I beat Marty and Lizze at Codenames TWICE tonight!
And Dan, Lizzie and I tried to teach Marty how to play Azul, but none of us could remember good enough so he breezed through the rules and then taught us. He's the best person to have around when learning new games. And he's a great game teacher!

Finally, Guess who turned 30 today?! 
Happy Birthday, Michael!


Birthday Coronavirus Mask.

No comments: