Saturday, April 04, 2020

Just a Little Change

I've been looking forward to this "special conference" focusing on The Restoration 
ever since it was announced last October.
Wondered how it was going to be different.
I couldn't really imagine anything beyond a special musical number.
But I was hoping President Nelson could.
(Honestly, its hard to beat the 2-hour church announcement.)

But I did want to take seriously his request that we study the restoration and consider how our life has been blessed because of it. And how do we Hear Him?
When the a.m. session began, I was grateful my kids had been willing to watch the restoration videos with me and I felt gratitude that we had made time to do it. 
I knew having studied had deepened all of our understandings of exactly what restoration means -- 
both from a spiritual sense and a historical perspective. 

And therefore the talks focusing so much on the experience would be more meaningful.
It was a nice day watching together. Marty was at Lizzies for the first two sessions,
but they both joined us for our bbq -- hamburgers (welcome spring!),
the last session, and SWIMMING! 


Made this conference Saturday extra fun to look forward to hamburgers and swimming
in the evening. Kind of like a party. A very, very, small party of six. 

Might be just me, but I prefer the separate women's and/or men's meeting 
for the Saturday night session. They're more specific to each of our needs and concerns.
Tonight's last session seemed like just another conference session.
But those youth speakers totally nailed it! They were incredible!

Also, we were at home instead of going to the church and seeing friends and family.
The social aspect makes it different and fun too. 

I'm looking forward to the Hosanna Shout tomorrow.
And I love the new Church Symbol.
After all the changes we've had in the past, 
I think it will be easy to adjust to a new logo!

Christopher is home, so now I can use Courtney's engineering mug!

I also got our garden seeds planted today between sessions.
Carrots, Peas, Onions, Lettuce and Spinach.
Good luck little seeds! (I hope I remember to water you!) 


No comments: