Tuesday, April 07, 2020

Carne Asada y Tortillas

So exciting to see the trees blooming!
It never gets old.



After coming home from my walk with Dan this morning, I did my daily browser check to see if Target had toilet paper in stock. They did! I panic drove over hoping it wouldn't be gone by the time I got there. We've got enough to get us through a couple of months, but after last week hunting down some for Clara, I wanted to have some extra in case I need to share. (And someone in this house uses a lot -- and that has me on toilet paper edge.)


Clara wanted to visit her daughter today -- a social distance visit.
As it turns out, she needs tp, so I'll run some to her this week.

We had a Zoom chat with the missionaries in our area today. They're looking for anyone to talk to for 30 minutes and share a spiritual thought with while they're stuck inside quarantining.
One of them has been out just a month longer than Chris. So crazy that Chris is home.

This evening we made tortillas and carne asada for dinner.
They weren't that soft and we didn't get them very thin. So we need some more practice.
I went to a couple Mexican markets looking for harina (in case its different than ours),
but they're sold out too. I found corn flour, 
but it was a different kind than what you make tortillas with.

While the three of us didn't have any luck getting the corn tortillas thin,
Nick had the magic touch. He's such a natural chef.

Making guacamole



The thin ones are Nick's.


Dan also took the boys golfing before dinner and on a drive (Nick at the wheel) after dinner.
I think it's the first time I've been home alone in weeks. 
I like having everyone here and I like being alone. I like both.
I worked on the puzzle and watched Jon Krasinski's "Some Good News."

No comments: