Monday, June 10, 2024

Planting and Prepping

While I've been gone, Heidi's crew planted herbs and veggies.
I had them remove lilac bushes, peonies and clematis because they were getting so big
 they were shading all the vegetable plants. 

I also had her put weed barrier to kill the cilantro, tomatillo and other sprouts that have been overtaking the garden the last two years. I said I wasn't planting this year since we weren't home very much,
but Heidi asked if she could plant a few veggies for us--cutting through the weed barrier for a few plants.
 I love how she has a solution because she knows we'll regret it 
if we don't have any garden tomatoes or cucumbers, and then takes matters into her own hands.



The river is pounding away right now and it's fun to see how high it gets.
Nothing worrisome, though.


I spent the afternoon shopping for yellow flowers and herbs to 
plant in every neutral or blue container I had for the RS social tomorrow evening.
My centerpiece volunteer had to back out last week before we left.
I hate being in charge of decorations because I'm not confident in design.
But I'm pretty happy with how everything turned out.


Also, learned this tomato hack on Instagram for halving cherry tomatoes, and its LIT!
(I'm using Chris slang, because I miss him.)

Two lids.



Slice through the middle.


Ta-da!


No comments: