Tuesday, February 27, 2024

Sister Day

Last month Sheree sent a meme to The Sisters about
wishing for a friend to be with for--Target runs, folding laundry, dropping off taxes, watching old TV shows, scrolling phones or eating leftovers. (BrettNeustrom on Instagram, if you want to watch it--
But sorry, I don't know how to find a Reel because it doesn't have the date.
...that's for my mom who I know is going to ask! Remind us to show you sometime!)

Anyway, Sheree said, her friend would be us. 
And then we all sent messages about how we wish we lived closer and could just hang out.

But the thing is, Sheree and I do live close! 
So I suggested we set up a date once a month, switching off at each other's houses 
and just do every day stuff together like running errands or babysitting Soleil or 
even doing chores together, because its fun when you're helping your sister.

Today was our day and we were going to hike and maybe watch the baby.

And then, ta-da! Michelle happened to be in town to help her father-in-law!


We met at my house for brunch (yummy acai bowls and oatmeal/cottage cheese/blueberry pancakes),
and talked and talked about our kids but nothing about ourselves,
which goes to show, we need to do this waaaaayyyyy more often.

Pretty soon Michelle needed to get back to the hospital to pick up her father-in-law
and Sheree was babysitting Soleil.

I spent the rest of the afternoon setting up appointments for fixing the dryer, and unclogging the almost-clogged sink and more cutting words from my manuscript.

No comments: