Monday, February 05, 2024

Broken

 Remember how we didn't get to bed until 2:30 a.m. on Friday night after getting home from Vegas?

Saturday, on a high from the wonderful weekend so full with good friends and fun, 
Dan and I, didn't get to bed until very late.

Sunday was very refreshing and we were so tired, we went to bed by 10:00.
BUT, at 4:30 a.m. our alarm went off and announced there was a glass break.

Dan turned off the alarm and went to investigate.

I wondered if it could be Chris coming home, 
but he said he didn't think so since it was so late... or early.

After he left the room, I wondered if we shouldn't actually leave the alarm sounding
if there really was a burglar breaking glass and trying to get in.

I also wondered if he'd remembered to take the bat he keeps under the bed.
And then I rolled over and almost drifted back to sleep.

Turns out Dan's framed diploma had fallen off the wall in his office.
I guess Command strip tape only lasts six or seven years.

By 5:30 a.m. I realized I wasn't ever getting back to sleep,
so I got up to start my day. And now, I'm very, very, tired.

I went to the doctor for my sore elbow and found out I have tennis elbow.
He said it should feel better in a year or so.
I'm dead serious. And also dead depressed, because it hurts.

On the sunny side, there's an interesting thing I can try called PRP where they take your blood,
mix your blood via centrifuge, then inject it back into the elbow.
The doc had tried it himself and one time it didn't work but another time it did. 
Painful, but possibly positive. And you pay out of pocket. About $900.

On my way home, I stopped by ARUP and donated blood.


No comments: