Monday, July 31, 2023

Family History, Ann Jack MacFarlane

I was super excited to come across these notes in FamilyTree written by my grandma about her grandmother, Ann Jack MacFarlane. Somehow I was on Ann's page and clicked on memories and these pages were there, but not linked to my own grandma who wrote them. I don't remember seeing them before. 

You can see she write these in 1994 when she was 85. 
If you knew her you can hear her voice as you read.
She had a fantastic memory and remembered every detail of every event,
which we would be more astounded by if it weren't so common for her.
She lived with our family all my life so I grew up with her sharing specific details 
and her infamous recall.

I had to laugh as I read "hearing her" recall the exact layout of her grandmother's home and furnishings.

I remember her telling us as a child their family visited relatives in Holladay.
The children would ride in the back of a wagon and 
it took all day to get there from their home in the Avenues. 
And imagine now we zipped back from Holladay to the Avenues in less than 30 minutes.

It was particularly sweet for me to see this memory of her Grandma in Holladay 
(not sure if it was called Holladay back in those days), 
and know that I wasn't remembering it incorrectly.

Elise and Ethan had their baby late Saturday night and we were getting texts from Sheree to the sisters and mom and Marge text chain for two days straight. Happening on these words of my Grandma made me think she wanted to share in the excitement with all of us too and this was a way she could do it.





No comments: