Thursday, July 20, 2023

Good Head Space

Did I sleep well last night? No, I did not. Dang back.
I thought for sure hiking would wear me out, and I'd sleep great.
I was wrong.

I did yoga this morning and an arm workout which was just what the body needed.
Then for a change of scenery, we went shopping in town.
Found things we needed at Ace and Walmart.
Ate lunch at the pizza place and walked through the art store.

I wish I would have bought this for home.
But I was looking for Pagosa art, and my brain does too good of a job compartmentalizing.


Found some gems at the antique store though.
For Pagosa:


For New York:


For laughs with my sisters. (I didn't buy it).
Man, remember those days?


When we got back, my brain was clear and I was refreshed and made great progress.
I made it through the first 100 pages and felt so good with where the story's at,
I let (made) Dan read it.
He was a good sport and read the whole 100 pages in one sitting
and really liked it. 

I've been in this spot many times before -- feeling really good about what I've written, and then going back months later and realizing its crap. 
But that's all part of the process. 

Tomorrow our friends come. I can't wait to be with them.
I wish it wasn't right when I was in a good flow, because picking back up again and getting my head back in the heads of my characters takes a good half a day and then we go home the day after that.

But it's worth it. It's been too long since we've been with the Andersons and Wickhams together.

No comments: