Thursday, June 15, 2023

Storm Before the Fun

 We arrived home from New York around 2:00, I made a few phone calls to finalize
prep for the Relief Society Summer Social and then Courtney and I went to Costco to buy 300 lbs of groceries for the Adair family reunion in Pagosa.
(We had to weigh it for the plane!)

I am SO glad to have Courtney's help! 
We think alike and it's so easy to get things done together.

Dan and I couldn't figure out why we were so tired by 8:00.
We took a few things to the Wingers that we couldn't fit in the plane and had a fun visit with them,
and when we arrived home at 10:00, we realized we couldn't keep our eyes open because it was midnight New York time!

My main worry about this trip was food -- planning it, buying it, transporting it.
Courtney and I jumped to intervene at the airport when we saw the crew loading the croissants first,
then helped play Tetris getting it all loaded. But it fit and we fit and the plane was able to get off the ground and land.

The boys took everything home in the new Bronco,
and Courtney and I spent three more hours in town at Walmart and City Market buying everything else we needed. I'd given the boys strict instructions NOT to unpack the food into the fridges (which they were more than happy to oblige), because I wanted to organize it specifically for each meal (and know where everything was).

After dinner (Papa Murphy's) we sat on the couch watching an incredible
lightning and thunder storm. 


Thursday we worked worked worked worked worked worked worked
to get everything ready for everyone to come. 
I'm SO excited to host everyone here and be all together in PAGOSA!

No comments: