Saturday, June 03, 2023

First Day of the Rest of Our Lives

My first thought when I woke up this morning was,
Welcome to the first day of the rest of your life.

No more alarms to make lunches while Dan makes breakfast and sending the kids off to school.
No more checking my watch and hurrying errands so I'm there when the kids arrive home.
No more planning vacations around school breaks.
No more Fridays with dozens of friends' shoes left by the front door.

I'll miss all of it. 
My mom always said, you love babies, but you wouldn't want them to stay a baby forever.
You love toddlers, but you wouldn't want them to stay a toddler forever.

It's time to celebrate them moving on.
And time to cry about it too.

 Our senior portrait wall is now complete and I can't stop wondering 
how it's been 28 years since we started our little family. 
Almost 20 years that we've lived in Utah. 
Ten years since Courtney graduated and left to University of Washington.
Six years since Marty left for his mission to Japan. 
Two years already since Chris has been back from Mexico. 
How did my little babies grow up so fast?

No comments: