Friday, June 23, 2023

Packing Day

Packing day with Nick.
I was so glad he wanted my help,
and also had to run "check for that item in the laundry room" once 
to sniffle and cry in private at the thought of saying goodbye to my cute boy living under our roof.

He's so sweet and calm. He's always happy to pitch in and really good at seeing what needs to be done and doing it. He doesn't mind hanging out with his parents and our family dinners of three are pretty regular because of it, which has been really nice. I will miss him.

It's also so strange to think we're empty nesters.
Chris is home this summer, so that will be a nice break-in period to being alone.
I'm also excited to spend more time with Dan and focus on my book. 


I think Kershaw looks a little sad too.


Look at this sweet note Chris left for Nick (along with the clothes he's borrowed
and a gift of a container of pre-workout:)


I was putting away some things in Nick's closet and caught a glimpse of 
his blanket and pillow on his shelf.


How has it been 18 years since he was born? 

Being a mom has been the best gift.
My kids are more amazing than I could have ever dreamed of. 
In fact, if I'd have known what a fantastic future I had waiting for me,
I think it would have made some difficult high school years much easier.

But I guess I wouldn't have learned about faith and hope and trust in such an acute way either.
I am grateful.



No comments: