Saturday, June 24, 2023

Building 9

In between errands for Elise & Monet's showers next week, 
finalizing packing and moving Nick to BYU,
I had 24 hours beginning last night at 10:00 p.m. 
to submit an entry in the nycmidnight microfiction contest --
I was in the top 15 in my category (of 60 people -- so not a huge number)
and got to move ahead to the next round.
Genre: Historical Fiction. Action: getting handcuffed. Word: thought

My computer came with me on the drive to Provo and back.

Nick wanted his last dinner at home to be steak and veggies with just the three of us 
(Chris is still out of town).


We arrived at BYU around 7:00 along with lots of families helping their freshmen move in.
Everyone was happy, social and excited.
By the time we finished getting Nick unpacked,
Will and his family showed up. 
Then Ethan and the Pauls showed up (he lives just down the hall).
By then, Nick was ready for us to go and enjoy his new home with his friend.


Sooooo excited for you, Nick! 

(And I finished my 100-word historical fiction story just as we pulled into the garage,
 minutes before the deadline.)

No comments: