Friday, May 27, 2022

We've Arrived

Twenty-two years of setting a morning alarm so we can make breakfast and lunches 
and see a child/children off to school has come to an end. 
Next week is the last week of school but Nick doesn't have to go early. Who knows if he'll even go.
And next year he doesn't have first period.

Funny how we're so glad to be done getting up, 
but now I'm feeling a little sad too. All these years of parenting in this way coming to an end.
Transitioning to a new phase is so bittersweet.
It was always important to me to see my kids off in the morning.
Make them breakfast (Dan) and make them lunches (me). 
I have friends that think its important to have them learn self-reliance by making their own lunch/breakfast. Or who don't get up when their kids leave.
But I'm glad I did it my way.
They hugged me on their way out the door clear into high school --
much longer than I ever expected to be getting those goodbye hugs. 
I hope it mattered to them. It sure did to me.


Nick was not happy to have Calculus busy work after the AP test was over.
But he still gave it his best effort which is one thing that impresses me about him.
Effort and Dedication. Two words that describe him in so many ways.

Another word is Kind. Because when he went to his yearbook signing stomp tonight,
we found out I forgot to order him a yearbook! And he was very sweet about it.

How did I FORGET? We've been getting reminders for the last several months and I never even checked to see if I bought it or not (obviously) because I don't forget these kinds of things.
I double-checked that I bought the AP test several times. 

So the youngest child didn't get a yearbook this year.


Gorgeous day to work by the pool.
And take a break in the pool.


I jumped up and ran to the river when I heard happy shouts.


These cute girls ran the river twice. 
I don't know them, but was happy to let them cut through the yard.
(And text their moms a photo.)
Yay! Summer's Arrived!


Look at these clematis blooms!



 

No comments: