Monday, May 09, 2022

Stepped In It

Kershaw has an ear infection, so I took him to the vet first thing this morning.
After I finished checking out, I discovered he'd pooped on the floor of the waiting room 
because I stepped right in it.


And tonight I heated up what turned out to be rotten chicken for dinner.
I thought I was heating up a Costco meal I'd purchased for the kids while we were out of town.
Turns out it came from Chris' apartment and had spent time unrefrigerated.
By the taste and smell, quite some time. 


At first, because the kitchen smelled disgusting, we all thought Kershaw had rolled in something dead so we made him go outside. But the smell remained and after a few bites of Chicken Tikka Masala and thinking, "does this taste right?" "Is this just a weird flavor?" "Does this brand just taste different?" "Does anyone know if this is how this is supposed to taste?" I determined if definitely did NOT taste right, and it smelled even worse. So me, Chris, Nick and Nick's friend who I'd invited to stay for dinner tossed our dinner in the trash. Nick was pretty convinced the two bites he'd taken were going to make him sick. He's a little nervous that way. Me and Chris convinced him he'd be fine.
Fortunately we had soup to heat up instead. 

In between the morning crap and rotten dinner, life went on --
Chris and I spent two hours at the orthopedic clinic (so grateful for same day appts.)
(While waiting our turn Christian, Krista, Chip, and Charlotte were all called. And when they called Christopher, another boy waiting asked if they'd called Christopher or Christian? Another Christian.)

Nick and friends altered their Physics bridges adding triangle pieces after the off-hand comment and recommendation from Marge yesterday. Chris and I started organizing his room (NEVER has anyone had so many clothes, all from Savers). I went to a Hunter Douglas showroom for Pagosa window coverings.

Honestly, it wasn't a great day. 
(I'm intentionally trying not to swear here.)

No comments: