Monday, May 23, 2022

Girls Trip St. George

Edie and I met up with Jenn in St. George last night, 
KT, Andrea & Jennie S. arrived this morning and we met them before our bike ride. 
It's a quick trip, but we packed so much in we've made the most of our time together.

Jenn started the morning with a little oversight, but that's nothing compared to 
her hip replacement recovery, so we're glad she's on the go in every way. 


E-bikes through snow canyon. We loaded two in the back of my car and borrowed two from Tiff.
Two of us took turns walking along the trail while the other four rode to the top of the canyon and then we switched. 
I ran over a snake. Didn't notice it until I was on top of it. KT was behind me and saw it tangled in my tires but it slithered away, so it survived the trauma, as did I.



The beauty of the red cliffs is stunning and new all over again, no matter how often you've seen it.
Actually, I haven't been here for a few years. It's good to be back.


Picnic in the park after the rides.

Quench It for drinks -- Coconut Mist was everyone's favorite.
Then straight to pickle ball.



KT's still on the mend from Covid, so after the early morning and long drive from SLC,
then biking, she opted for a rest in the shade instead of heading to the court.


Home by 3:00 with a couple of hours poolside,
then dinner at Angelica's before Mary Poppins at Tuacahn.

I introduced everyone to BeReal.


We were short a spot in my five-person car, but rather than drive in separate vehicles,
we took turns riding in the back. (Much to the chagrin of Edie, wife of a cop.)




Can't get a more amazing backdrop for an outdoor event than 
the red cliffs of Tuacahn. 



Home after midnight, two of our group headed to bed, but the rest of us were determined to finish cramming everything in to one day with hot tubbing and s'mores.

It was a challenge to figure out how to light it up -- 
I can't read fine print anymore and Jenn can't pull the trigger on the lighter because of tennis elbow.
But were determined to figure it out, and yes, the marshmallow was worth it.



Things to remember: 
Car massager for ride down. Edie was in heaven.
Coconut Mist at Quench It; BeReal; Wordle; my spiced nuts were a hit;
time flew by on mine and Edie's drive down;
snakes and lizards; getting going from Tiff's to Snow Canyon to finding a meeting place was a little disjointed, but isn't that always the case with a group? 

At Richards' picking up the girls who just drove in and the e-bikes...
KT: Can I change into biking clothes in the house?
Jenn: Just do it here in the garage. No one's home.
KT changes in front of the door, has her shirt half-way off when Dave opens it up.
Hi guys! We got back early from boating!

Jenn sees something on Edie's arm in hot tub...
Jenn (whispering): Edie, slowly lower your arm into the water.
Edie: Why?
Jenn: Just do it slowly.
Edie (lowering): OW! I was just stung by a bee!
Jenn: Oops! I thought it was a fly.

No comments: