Tuesday, May 10, 2022

Getting Out So I Can Stay In

Last night while looking at my calendar for today, Hike KT was on the schedule but I didn't feel like it at all. But in the morning it sounded like just the thing I needed (and Kershaw).
Felt good to get out on Pipeline, work my legs, get winded and be in the company of a friend
who had lots of good stories to tell about her challenging neighbor who she still helps when he's in need.


Plus I've been binge-watching A Million Little Things each night while Dan's been gone 
and it's SO GOOD, but it's also good to get out and work my body
.
(Last week while Dan was racing I binged the final season of Grace & Frankie and Life and Beth.)
Looking forward to watching as much TV as I want is so indulgent it makes me a little giddy.
Chris and Nick have been very understanding and dare I say, supportive! 
I'm wondering if its like the times when my mom is on a big ice cream kick. 
It's so out of character and so fun when she's being naughty!
(Although, good thing I'm not eating sugar, ahem, less sugar (the trip to Norway and all the chocolate has taken some will power to kick now that I'm home). If I'd polished off a pint of ice cream each TV binging night this whole week, I'd be in real trouble.)

Before I could settle into nightly shows, I had a writing workshop on finding an agent.
And couldn't resist surreptitiously capturing her cat ear headphones.
She did say they receive a lot of compliments. 
The workshop was super helpful. Most of my classes talk about finding an agent, but its always from an author's perspective, not an actual agent, and I learned a lot. 
Still a long shot. But I'm committed to going through the whole process
and at least trying to get my book published.


I've never been a big project-doer while watching TV, 
but I did capture this amazing video.


No comments: