Wednesday, November 17, 2021

Recovery Day

 Slept well but unfortunately my darn back didn't heal magically overnight.

Got up early and cleaned the kitchen and family room 
because there's nothing worse than being disabled in the middled of a cluttered house.

Thought I'd recuperate on the couch today but then remembered my friends were getting together for breakfast. As tired as I felt, I didn't want to miss out on all the laughs. It was worth it.

Back to the chiro for more muscle activation and FSM. He encouraged me to wear tennis shoes on my trip to Puerto Vallarta and to slow down and take my time when moving from one position to the next. 
Breathe into any pain. "It sounds a little new-agey, but it actually works." 
I reassured him I was okay with new-agey. (I'm at the chiropractor aren't I?)
Also said science proved that when you swear you can handle more pain than when you don't. 
And grunting works the same. So grunt away! 
And finally, if you're using your arms to pull at your pants to cross your legs (which I am), 
DO NOT make it a habit after recovering. 

I love that his philosophy is positive, "Let's get you as comfortable as possible so you can enjoy your trips." And not the negative, "Well, I don't know if you should travel..."

(I'm listening to Dan grunting as he lifts weights in the gym. 
Sure hope his back holds up. We'd really be a disaster if we both couldn't move!)


Took groceries to Clara then Nick to the tailor to get alterations for the Winters Dance.
After dinner Dan and I stamped the rest of the Christmas cards. 

What I thought was going to be a quiet recovery day was the opposite. 
But it was a wonderful day. Laughs, positive thoughts, peaceful and companionable.
Guess it was a recovery day after all.

And Dan and I are both Covid negative (or we're not pregnant -- the result strips look very much the same)
so we're off to Kory and Amy's wedding in Mexico tomorrow!


(You don't need negative tests to travel to Mexico, but you do need to be negative to return to the U.S. so I didn't want to risk being asymptomatic and getting stuck in Mexico for Thanksgiving!)

No comments: