Tuesday, November 30, 2021

Dreams and Fantasies

 Decorated for Christmas all day yesterday and let the soundtrack of Wicked run on repeat.
Got through the whole thing five times. At least. 

Nick and friends didn't have school so went skiing at Alta. Bluebird day, they said. 
They brought home pizza and we chatted while they ate. 

I asked Nick if he liked seeing Wicked. He did. 
I asked his friends if they'd seen it. They hadn't. 
As I walked into the pantry, I heard Nick say, "I really liked the songs."
I spun around barely containing my glee at hearing his enthusiasm,
"You liked the songs?!"
He took a huge bite and pointing at his pizza he responded with his mouth full, 
"No, Mom. I said, 'I really like this sauce.'"

I guess I can't expect that all of my dreams come true.





No comments: