Tuesday, November 09, 2021

Mom Hack

 I have a fantastic mom hack. 
I always will help the kids clean their room or put their laundry away if they ask.
I'll even tell them I'll help if they want me to. 

Because while we're working together, they talk. 
Just normal, what's going on in your life stuff.
The stuff you start missing out on when they get busy and you're not driving carpool anymore. 
And when they're often gone at dinnertime and after school and not home until late at night.
(Although Nick isn't gone as much as the older kids were 
and we can plan dinner around his schedule anyway.)

It's a win-win. 
They get help getting cleaned up and organized
and I get them to talk to me. 
Highly recommend.

Yesterday I reminded Nick to put his laundry away and he asked if I'd help him.
Didn't even pause before shutting my computer and following him upstairs. 
He's onto me and I love it.

No comments: