Saturday, November 20, 2021

Dinner and a Show

My back is feeling pretty, darn great after two very restful nights
(in a bed all to myself -- Sheraton was out of King rooms so we're in a double-double so Dan and I each have our own beds. Actually, it's probably for the best for my back.)

Jo scheduled us massages (Jo, Gram & I) but I was fearful of anyone touching my back and also unsure if I could lay flat anyway, so Dan took my appointment instead.
Read at the pool instead and am loving my book "The Radium Girls" by Kate Moore. 
Pretty harrowing when you see how the whole world didn't want to believe that Radium -- an amazing new substance could be harmful. In fact touted it as healthful. And even after dozens of people suffered horrifying side effects working with it in the tiniest proportions, no one wanted to believe it was from the Radium and how the large corporations lied to cover it up and protect their companies. 
Humans keep repeating this cycle of jumping on a bandwagon and shunning the non-believers.

In the evening, we all went on an excursion with Vallarta Adventures to 
a private beach for dinner and a cirque du soleil-style show. 
Peaceful catamaran sunset cruise to the beach then a wonderful dinner ending with the spectacular show.




It's been a while since we've snuggled a child.
Strange to think he could actually be the Grandpa now, instead of the dad.






The set of the show. I didn't take pictures during, but the acrobatics and dancing were pretty thrilling.
The show lasted about an hour which was the perfect length. 
Dinner before was delicious. Highly recommend.


No comments: