Sunday, November 07, 2021

Random Thoughts

 Random thoughts...

I bought a pair of capris from Madewell last summer not realizing at the time that after many good, good years, someone had made the call that high-waisted pants were now in. I suspect that very few people actually are comfortable in pants that cinch in right at your rib cage. You've got a very small margin or error for the pant to hit a fleshy spot between the hip bone and the lower ribs that actually compresses -- or would if you weren't over 28 and had never been pregnant or never weighed over 130 pounds. 

I still wear the pants from time to time out of obligation. I paid for them, I should get some use out of them. I'll do it, but I'm never happy about it because they're so darn uncomfortable. 
Let me make this clear, no one likes high-waisted pants!!!

We had a second primary program practice today. It went much better than last week, 
but after it was over we unanimously decided a Saturday practice was needed. 
Here I am making a debut on the ward primary instagram post. 
Zoom for a great shot of why I'm trying to remember to smile more.

We were so exhausted tonight. By 7:00 Nick went to bed and Dan and I couldn't believe we had to try to stay awake for several more hours. I think the time change hitting on Fast Sunday creates the exhaustion. You haven't eaten all day, regular Sunday naptime is disrupted, you're starving by 4:30 and then in a food coma by 6:00. Which is really 7:00. Too late for a nap and too early for bed. (Unless you're Nick who gets up at 4:45 a.m. to exercise.)


I hear you, sister.

No comments: