Thursday, January 02, 2020

Ski Buddies

Believe it or not, I actually suggested we go skiing on Thursday with Michael and Courtney. 
It was the best chance I had of getting to spend a whole day with them.

(Last year, during our weekend at Deer Valley, I thought,
 "It would be so fun if we could get Courtney to join us next year." 
That isn't going to work out, so this was the next best thing!)

A million people had the same plans, but we knew the trick of starting at the gondola, and Dan got us out the door early so we got up before the tickets were sold out. 
It was snowy and cold and not the type of day I usually like to ski on, but
being with the four of us made it fun no matter the conditions.



I even skied a full day. My quads were killing me by the end of the day, 
but I went down the mogul face at Empire TWICE. Go me!



Dan bought me new boots yesterday which are an improvement over my old ones 
(after the night parade I decided I could never wear them again),
but I wouldn't exactly call them "comfortable."  
I assume pain is the price you have to pay to spend a day skiing.


Coming home and sitting in the hot tub made everything better. And warmer.

We got Porcupine Grill for dinner, crossing another "must-do in SLC" off Courtney's vacation list.
And ended the night with a few hours of Phase 10, 
crossing that off my vacation bucket list!

No comments: