Friday, January 03, 2020

Back to Real Life

Nick went back to school yesterday and Courtney and Michael leave tonight. Marty goes back to BYU on Sunday. Our wonderful vacation is coming to a close. I'm so grateful for time with family and time to myself and time with Dan over this break. It's been restful and busy and fun.

Tonight we had Michael's sister and her husband and baby over for dinner (Names: Courtney and Christian. So funny that we have so many similar names!) They were wonderful -- just as we expected they would be. He has such a nice family. It's so fun that we've been able to meet them!

I made chicken cordon bleu, mashed potatoes, green salad, rolls and roasted artichokes (first time roasting instead of boiling and they were delish! A little more prep, but not too bad and much less mess during dinner not having a separate lemon butter dip). Funnel cakes with ice cream for dessert (our cleaning lady made the funnel cakes for a New Year's gift).

Another goal I'm adding to my list is tracking meals so I have lots of good options to choose from when cooking for a group. I have a lot of family favorites, but my mind seems to go blank when I need to choose something!


No comments: