Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Conveniences

While I went to Clara's, my mom and Marge went to look at new cars for Marge. They were very excited to find one she likes. They just have to be patient while the one with the bells and whistles is delivered. Exciting!

Some Clara-isms of the day are: "Oh honey, getting old is for the birds. Well, actually, I don't want the birds to have to deal with this!" And, "I'm as weak as a kitten today." She couldn't remember one thing she wanted to talk to me about. She called me later when she remembered, "I need you to go buy me some new garments that I can be buried in." Me: "Sure! What type of fabric? Oh, I guess it won't matter."

I had my pre-op appointment as well. I'm going to do it all... the rectocele repair, endometrial ablation and incontinence surgery. I so hope it's successful.

While I was waiting for my mom and Marge to get back for dinner, I started reading the manual to my new car to figure out some of the features. (And to figure out if I can install a back window wiper. Today we had a brief, but significant snow storm. I sat in my car and looked for the controls for the back wiper -- the window was thick with snow. I realized I don't have one, so got out and brushed it off. Fine. But then while I was in the store for five minutes, I came back out, I was cold and wet and not excited to stand in the snowstorm and brush it all off again. So I didn't. But I also couldn't see a thing out the back. I am missing a back window wiper and also realizing I am spoiled!)

The car manual is about as riveting as Becoming.
I'm still so tired from Youth Conference.

No comments: