Monday, January 27, 2020

Oh, Christopher

I know I've told this story before, but I never get tired of it.
In 2003, our last Thanksgiving in California before we moved to Utah a few weeks later, 
we were celebrating with just our little family. 
Courtney was 8, Marty 6, and Christopher was only 2 years old. 

When it was time to eat, I wanted the meal to feel more special than just a regular family dinner 
so I asked everybody to go get dressed up.

Chris came down in a pirate's costume:

So when I see this photo he sent today from his mission, 
the beauty of Him and his funny, confident, sweet, loving personality 
strikes me especially deep. I can't put my arms around him and give him a hug,
but I can tell my Heavenly Father thank you, thank you, thank you
for sending me this precious soul who radiates love and light. And always makes me laugh.


1 comment:

5010Wander said...

I love this post...it really makes me miss Chris, but also so proud of him at the same time knowing he's out there doing good.