Thursday, January 30, 2020

Sick Day

Man, I was sick today. The world was spinning. I tried drinking coconut water for hydration and a fruit smoothie for vitamins and minerals. A bit later I tried eating a couple of eggs and toast for protein. Nothing stopped the dizziness.

After getting Nick off to school and catching up on Young Women's stuff and a few housekeeping things while I ate (scheduling Kershaw for dog physical therapy. What?!), I didn't feel any better and I had to crawl back in bed. In my office daybed because the house cleaners were here today. But it was very cozy. And I felt even cozier because I was wearing my new pajamas.

I woke up a few times, but was still dizzy, dizzy. Fortunately by 3:00 I woke up and was feeling better. I had to pick up Nick from school because he stayed after to take a test.

Nick commented on me still being in pajamas: "I see you stayed comfortable today!"
Ha! Cutie. He's seriously such a sweet kid.

At 4:30 I needed to get out. I changed from my pjs to my workout clothes and took a walk with Kershaw. I'm so glad I did! It was warmish and the late afternoon light on Mt Olympus and nearby hills was beautiful!



I remembered about Call the Midwife tonight, which I haven't watched in years.
Cried myself through two episodes. 
I can't think of another show that tugs at your heartstrings so fiercely.

No comments: