Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Nick is PERMITted!

I was sort of dreading needing to go out and drive Nick to the DMV today, but I rested all morning -- yesterday's activity, which wasn't much but mostly wakefulness, made me extra tired today.

(Sidenote -- I'm reading the best books! 
Today was "A Hobbit, A Wardrobe and A Great War: How J.R.R. Tolkien and C.S. Lewis Rediscovered Faith, Friendship, and Heroism in the Cataclysm of 1914-1918" 
Super interesting and inspiring, especially for fans of their work and Christians (of which I am both.))

When it was time to get ready, it felt good to get up and shower and dress
(real clothes -- not sweats! And a bra!)

I panicked (as I did with both Marty and Chris) when while waiting our turn, Nicholas was playing games on his phone instead of cramming by reading the Driver's Ed manual.)
But guess what, he passed!!

Standing confidently in the "I passed" line waiting to get his permit.
He wouldn't let me take the "Mom" photo in front of the Driver's License sign, holding up his permit, but I caught this of him walking away -- and even a hint of a smile. 


We went to pick up our glasses afterward (only mine were in, unfortunately)
and then got fish and chips next door to celebrate.
(Celebrate his learner's permit. Not my glasses being in stock.)

The youth had a fireside with Jon and Michelle Schmidt this evening, that I was thinking I'd go to, since I was dressed and everything, 
but by the time we got home from dinner, 
I couldn't think of doing anything else but lying my head down.

It's weird how easily little things tire me out.
Like full-on exhaustion.

Nick said it was an awesome fireside. Jon played several songs, 
including the one he plays lying on his back on the bench with his hands over his head.
So cool. 

No comments: