Friday, January 31, 2020

Party Time

I woke up when I heard a horn honk outside and I realized I didn't wake up in time to get breakfast and a lunch for Nick and talk with him about the upcoming day and give him a hug before he walked out the door to school. My phone had died instead of charging so it couldn't sound my alarm.

I'm glad he's capable of helping himself in the morning: waking up on his own, getting himself breakfast and being ready for school on time. But I hate not seeing him off. I think it probably matters more to me than to him. But I do think it makes a difference.

After texting him my apologies, I went back to bed until 10:00 a.m. and woke up feeling so refreshed! I immediately got up and went out on a walk. It looked like spring outside and felt like it too. I listened to the Don't Miss This podcast (which have I mentioned a hundred times yet how much I'm enjoying it?) with my phone tucked into my sports bra so it was near to my ears and I could hear (because my headphones don't work). But I had to keep backing up every time a car passed because it drowned out the sound of my phone. And I was inspired in two ways: 1) spiritual enlightenment 2) you can afford a new pair of headphones so buy some already. Amazon can have them at your door by tomorrow.

I also picked up more trash on my street and a lady thanked me. So there's that.

Nick and a bunch of friends came over after school. I was tempted to say no, but I felt guilty over missing him in the morning. So they all came over from early afternoon until late at night. At one point Nick and I stole away to pick up his glasses. He drove and I nearly gave us both a heart attack when he missed the turn and then the next and I had to help him navigate a left turn through a busy intersection. He stayed super calm but I was not quite as. We survived and I drove home. He said he'd like dad to teach him from now on. Whew! If only.

The boys walked to Ramen and then called for me to pick them up, this time with a couple of girls in addition. When we got back they started a big game of hide and seek. Basically it was a party all night!

I was happy to hole up in my room with more Call the Midwife.

What will tomorrow bring?

No comments: