Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Fasting

Today Nick and I fasted for Sophie today 
(along with the ward youth and leaders and probably lots of others) 
She is having brain surgery tomorrow to have a second tumor removed. 
Her first surgery was when she was 11. 
Now she just turned 15 and they discovered another tumor has grown.

I was sure proud of Nick and the rest of the kids for fasting so long. 
Makes a difference when you have someone you care about to think of all day.

My mom and I went for a walk in our winter wonderland neighborhood. 
It was slippery again so she wore the Yak Traks. It helped a ton!





In the evening, the Young Women came over to break our fast together and also to celebrate our achievement of taking over 500 names to the temple last year!


I love capturing the piles of shoes at the door!

No comments: