Wednesday, January 01, 2020

New Year, New Car

So this happened today!


On Monday, Dan and I had a test-drive cars date. First to BMW to try the X7 and X5. (Loved the X7! Hated the electric button to access the 3rd row. Wow! Probably took over 20 seconds to wait for the row to scoot up. And then to wait again for the middle seat to get back in position. Carpool would be a nightmare. I was torn because I really wanted this car with all the new tech and bells and whistles. Plus seven seats. But the slow seat was a deal breaker.)

Drove the new Audi e-Tron. It looks so cool and I thought it would be awesome to have an electric car. (I don't like the looks of the Tesla Model X.) Unfortunately, it was super underwhelming. It's an electric car, but doesn't have anything special to set it apart or even justify the luxury price tag.

I've had my eye on the Mercedes AMG GLE Coupe for a while. I love the styling. We were waiting for the new tech to arrive on this car at the beginning of the year, but when we arrived at the dealership, discovered it had been delayed until June or later. That was disappointing, but was the only drawback compared to the slow seat of the X7 (I'm in a hurry, people!)

So I went with the Mercedes. It's pretty dang cute. Also keeping the Lexus for the times I need to drive a big group, i.e. lacrosse carpool and young women's.

On this first day of the new year, we also stayed in bed until 9:00 a.m. Went and bought new ski boots  for me so I'm ready for tomorrow. Then all of us played the VR, played "Bang" (dice version), sat in the new car when it arrived for the tutorial (Dan, Nick, Michael and Courtney squished in the back), and last but not least, took down Christmas. Kept me up longer than I hoped, but it's such a good feeling to be all cleaned up and fresh for the new year!

No comments: