Tuesday, August 20, 2024

PRP

I had a PRP injection (platelet rich plasma) for my tennis elbow today.
A last ditch effort to heal my tendon before considering surgery.
I've met several people who've had good PRP results, so I'm planning on it working.

It was an easy procedure done in my doctor's office.
The nurses drew a GIANT tube of  blood.
Then put it in a centrifuge so the platelet rich plasma separates.
The doctor skims this off into a much smaller vial,
then injects it into my tendon using an ultrasound via his iphone! 


He warned me it would swell up and hurt really bad for three days
but I couldn't take Ibuprofen or use ice packs, because the swelling was what they
wanted to happen--blood rushing to the area to heal the tendon tears.

I can't bend my elbow because it's so stiff.
And I'm not allowed to pick up anything heavier than a can of soda for 2 weeks.

But it doesn't hurt at all yet.
I wanted ice cream, but can't bend my arm enough to feed myself,
so I bought cones for a workaround.

Cheers to healing!


No comments: