Tuesday, March 21, 2023

Titanic with Marge

Dan, Aunt Marge and I went to see Titanic at Hale tonight.
We had a big asado dinner at an Argentine steakhouse before, and I was kinda surprised they didn't have ensalada rusa (which I don't like at all, but Dan loves--I'm guessing mainly the mission nostalgia).

As the show began and all the cast walked onto "the ship" wearing their finest, smiling and singing about their hopes and dreams, it hit me we were embarking not on a feel-good story but one that ended in devastating tragedy. I whispered to Dan it was like watching a show of people singing a jaunty tune heading out to work at the twin towers on September 11th. Why did we choose this musical?

It was a fun to have a night out with Marge and see a show, but not sure I'd choose that one again,
even if it was well done. The songs weren't super catchy, but I guess that was a good thing
 because who wants to sing along to that story?
(Ironically, I also wrote a story about a family whose young son dies in a boat accident. 
I've also asked myself, who would want to buy this book? I mean, it's SAD.)


Last night we had thundersnow -- an exciting phenomenon 
I've only experienced once before. Thunder during a blizzard. 
The only good thing about this never-ending winter, is we're breaking records in the mountains!
Hitting over 700" which has only been done twice before in the last 50 years.

No comments: