Thursday, March 02, 2023

Coming Together

 We had a full house (apartment) today with three contractors installing AV, a pest control visit, two construction managers checking off punchlist items and a very nervous delivery guy making his first trip to Manhattan on his first day on the job.

And in spite of all the commotion, I had THE BEST DAY!
I love being here. The action from this view is pure stimulation for the imagination.


The full work station (and last day for the paper blinds!)


It was quite a logistical process to get this art delivered.
When they scheduled it for delivery, they told me it was 
150 lbs, 96" wide x 65" tall x 48" thick and was a "pallet of frames."

When I questioned if we had the right item, they clarified it was only one frame and 48" wide, 
but yes, on a pallet and no, they were obligated to keep it attached.
A lot of e-mails to get the COI correct and I was feeling pretty good about the plan
to send up the frame on the freight elevator where I would quickly remove it from the pallet and send the pallet back down for the delivery company to take away.

Until the delivery guy called and it was his first day and was VERY nervous about double-parking his VERY big truck. They had removed it from the pallet though.
I met him downstairs and in the end walked very fast with him two blocks to the other side of our building to drop it off at the freight elevator and our concierges were willing to take it the rest of the way to me so he could get back to his truck. 

Remember when you're doing something scary and it feels really hard the first time?
Like driving in Manhattan? Imagine driving a delivery truck in Manhattan.
Anyway, my heart went out to the guy and everything worked out well in the end.

Now, which wall should I hang it on? I really want it visible from the door.
But I also think it may look weird if it isn't centered above the bed.


I got out to buy an air purifier because our bed is off-gassing and has been since January.
(It's also possible that a neighbor smokes and it only affects this bedroom.)
Febreeze and diffused Cinnamon all day isn't cutting it.

One of these pigeons literally buzzed my head.


And tulips are making their way into the world already!


Dinner with Michael, Courtney and Becca at Rosa Mexicana and fun discussion considering
life's "what-if's." What if I'd made this choice instead of that?
Mine is, what if we lived on Shadowwood Circle in the first house -- would Dan ever have met Chad?
Or what if we'd bought the property they bought and they lived somewhere else?
We came so close to not crossing paths. 
How different our life would be without those two coming together and creating Cottonwood.

Finally, look how amazing the toilet paper ripples are! 
I'm in love with our toilet paper!

I've never seen this before, have you?


No comments: