Monday, March 20, 2023

Dissertation Finished 🎉

 I knew today was a big work day for Courtney as she was trying to tackle the hardest chapter and finish her dissertation today so she could proofread tomorrow and submit to her professor for comments on Wednesday and then submit to the Gods at Columbia who will hear her defend in just three weeks!

But I was getting a lot of e-mails from her about cute dresses for graduation. 😂
I felt sure she was balancing hard at work with online shopping breaks. At least 98% sure.

And then tonight Dan and I were quietly reading when we got a text:


Yay! Yay! Yay! 
What an accomplishment! 
Our daughter is going to have her PhD in Mechanical Engineering
(or MechE, or ME, as the cool kids say!) 
(Actually, I'm second-guessing the MechE part, but I'm not a cool kid or an engineer, so we'll have to have Courtney tell us what's right...)


This pose reminded me of this pose
when we lived on 81st and Broadway and I captured Courtney saying, 
"I'm the Statue of Liberty!"

Who would have guessed that 24 years later she'd be back in New York graduating from Columbia.
I mean, life. It's great, isn't it?
Whelp, waterworks starting just thinking about it. 
I really shouldn't wear my non-waterproof mascara anytime between now and June.


Speaking of cool kids, my friend posted this and I haven't stopped laughing:

No comments: