Wednesday, March 15, 2023

Oh Yay, the Ides of March!

I LOVED my high school English teacher--I had Mrs. Spackman for my Sophomore and Senior classes.
She gets so many comments on her page from students every March 15, but this year she's the one who posted first. Cue Mrs. Spackman using a spooky voice, "Beware, the Ides of March!"


And how can future Ides ever be bad when its always going to be Emi's half-birthday!


And this mid-March day was gorgeous beginning with 
Ally Love playing Taylor Swift on the Peloton.


Squirrels and magpies playing out the window



Snowdrops in bloom 


And the beginning of tulips poking through the snow-free soil.


I made enchiladas for dinner for me and Nick.
I didn't have enchilada sauce, so I made it from scratch. 
But I didn't have enough chili powder for the enchilada sauce, so I made it.
And then I didn't have enough onion powder for the chili powder,
so I ground up dried minced onion and made that too.
Really getting back to basics around here.

Before dinner, Nick took a run which inspired me to take a walk after dinner.
I've grumbled about starting daylight savings in March, but after the long winter,
I'm LOVING having evening light and walking weather!


No comments: