Sunday, November 13, 2022

Not What I Planned

 Dan caught a cold a couple of days ago and I assumed I was immune after being sick for so long.
But I was wrong.
I woke up at 4:00 this morning, with an awful realization that I was sick. 
Horrible headache, body aches, excessively hot, and trapped too close to my coughing husband 
in a small hotel room. And is this bed queen sized? Why is he so close?!

I stood in the middle of the room considering my options:
1) sleep in the jacuzzi tub.
2) sleep in the chair. 
I tried the chair for about five minutes then remembered I had one more option. 
A pretty big couch on the closed-in porch.
With a bath robe and towel as blankets, I snuck through the sliding doors and got pretty comfortable outside. Stayed there throughout the morning. Early afternoon I switched back to the bed and A/C inside.

By the evening I was feeling a little better -- could sit up and read -- thanks to four Advil.
But I don't feel well. Not at all.

If I'd been able to accompany Dan to dinner, this would have been my view.


No comments: