Wednesday, November 09, 2022

Adventure Time

I've been battling a cold, which was probably the flu. Unless it was RSV even though they say adults can't get that. It's not Covid and it wasn't Strep. Tested for those at the doctor.
But whatever I had, everyone else has had it too and if you haven't, beware. 
I got sick three weeks ago, and I still can't shake the fatigue.

Maybe its the humidity or maybe its the view, but today after sleeping in quite a while, 
I finally woke up feeling like I had sone energy!

We're at The Springs resort overlooking the Arenal volcano 
somewhere in the middle of Costa Rica -- about a three hour drive from the San Jose Airport.
(Fun fact, several of our group thought this was a sister resort to The Springs in Pagosa Springs
because they are both built around hot springs with the same resort name and font.
But no. No. Not even close. Courtney and Michael spent their wedding night at a motel 
a block away from Pagosa Springs' The Springs Resort. Because we thought the motel looked nicer.


After a workout and late brunch, 
most of the group went zip lining -- seven runs high above the jungle in the pouring rain.
It was a blast!
It's been a while since we've spent time with the executive team at Cottonwood and their spouses.
And you know what? I've missed this group. 
Love them, love their spouses and enjoy being with every single one.
Looking forward to a week all together catching up!




Our bus driver stopped the van so we could get a good look at whatever animal this is.


Also took us to see a sloth in a tree!


I thought I had a picture of a toucan, but I don't. We've seen several in the wild.
But here's some other colorful birds.


And don't know what this was about (maybe when I thought I was taking the toucan?)
but it's pretty cool and wouldn't want anyone to miss out on my inadvertent artistry.


No comments: