Thursday, May 13, 2021

Newlywed Shower

 Lots of energy in the gym with all the girls working out.
(Except Michelle who had walked early and was now busy with pre-wedding details.)


Courtney and Michael arrived today -- a day later than expected since 
Michael was sick on Tuesday and Wednesday. 
In his words, he was now feeling 85%, but he was such a good sport 
putting on a smile and giving 110% for the Newlywed shower 
in honor of Courtney & Michael, Marty & Lizzie.

It was a true house-full Adair gathering and so fun to have so many together again! 




We played the Newlywed game outside with lots of questions Dan and I made up.
Nothing is better -- NOTHING -- than having your sisters as your back-up
when hosting a party and trying to figure out how to play a game on the fly.
As I stumbled and bumbled and laughed my way through, my family made me feel like a success with each of them pitching in ideas, laughing and helping reword questions so it all made sense!

It was so fun to get to know Michael and Lizzie -- and even Courtney and Marty better.








At the end, Bekah had gifts in classic Bekah style -- sexy undies (that Michael and Courtney put on over their clothes and got everyone laughing even harder) and sweats for real life.



We partied until even the little kids put themselves to bed on the couch.
I was in heaven at finally getting a little celebration/shower to honor my kids in that 
fun way. Better late than never! (Dumb Covid!)

I said I had the most fun out of anyone. But my mom, with tears in her eyes, claimed she had the most fun, because she was seeing not only her kids, but also her grandkids all together. 
She videoed the whole thing to show Aunt Marge.
 

No comments: