Wednesday, May 19, 2021

Home Haircuts

 The paramedics came to Clara's house a couple of times last week when someone heard her calling for help and another time we don't know who called 9-1-1. 
She was struggling to breathe and couldn't remember where her Flovent and Albuterol were.

I've had quite a few conversations with her daughter following up after Home Health recommended more hours of care. In the meantime, I've been able to sneak away each day to check on her. 
Every time I'm with her she comments on how long her hair is getting and how she needs a cut.

I thought it would be a fun surprise to bring her hair stylist to her. 
We set it up for the stylist to come on Tuesday and cut her hair at home. 
Clara's daughter also came that day so the two of us could discuss care options. 
Clara really liked the surprise of seeing her daughter, but she wasn't too happy about the haircut! 
It made her REALLY uncomfortable that she was getting a trim in the kitchen where hair could get in her food or on the floor (never mind that she doesn't eat food anymore)!
In fact, at one time she even exclaimed, 
"This was a Stupid idea!"

I promised her up and down and all around that I would clean up every speck of hair and her daughter said of all the things she was very fussy about, hair was probably the biggest one. 
I was actually relieved to have her daughter there 
so we could wink and giggle and commiserate with one another!

Clara didn't complain at all when she got to move to her comfy chair to get styled. She said she felt like the Queen of Sheba with all the attention and us watching.
Well, after styling it, it looks fantastic! 
But, I'm wondering how long I'll be hearing about this!


No comments: