Thursday, May 20, 2021

Laundry Talent

 My mom has done loads and loads and loads of laundry the last couple of days.
Sanitize cycled all the shower towels, pool towels and at least seven beds of sheets.
She's got a system down and revels in burying her nose in the clean smell of germ-free!
When I walk in my laundry room everything's pristinely folded in neat piles.

At 10:00 p.m. on Tuesday Nick said he needed to do laundry but someone had a three-hour cycle going.
Those were the pool towels.

She offered to stop the cycle, but I said I'd just throw his stuff in in the morning. 
I totally forgot.
Late morning I realized everything was washed and folded or meticulously laid flat so no wrinkles. 
Mom! When did you do all this? 
"Oh, when I got up to go to the bathroom at night I'd swap a load."
That had to be at least four times throughout the night!

I've finished off the rest of the sheets, towels and comforters that needed to be cleaned today. I've used the sanitize cycle, used extra hot water, extra rinse and steam boost, exactly how she recommends. 
But I still don't think they're turning out the same. 

Update: She just confided that she used three pumps... maybe four... of detergent since it was extra rinse.
Think I'll go throw my towels in right now!

Nick and Dan were invited to Lake Powell this weekend staying on our friend's houseboat and Dan driving our surf boat. Have fun boys!






No comments: