Wednesday, May 12, 2021

Goodbye Hawaii

 Today's hike was at the Waipio Valley -- something Dan has wanted to do for a while. 

Such a beautiful valley! But oh boy, it was STEEP!

You can drive a 4x4 down, but that would have ruined the fun, exercise and sense of accomplishment.

Waterfall behind us!


SO windy on this black sand beach!

Wild horses

The climb back up was so, so, so STEEP!

Are we there yet?

An accident closed the road just 15 minutes from our hotel, so we had to turn around and take an hour detour to approach from the other side! Gave me a chance to clean up my phone's playlist. After listening to a wide range of music from "Boy Meets Girl" to "Jewel" to the Footloose soundtrack to Coldplay  (thankfully Anne Murray didn't get shuffled in or Dan may have flipped out), I realized it's time for an overhaul. I guess I compiled the mix from every CD I owned 20 years ago, and that's pretty much all that needs to be said.

Now I'm headed home to Utah while Dan stays here for his conference. 
But I've got a house full of Adair sisters waiting for me! Yay! 
Morgan's wedding is this weekend and everyone is gathering! 

Goodbye outdoor shower.


Goodbye room with a view.


Goodbye Hawaii sunsets.


No comments: