Tuesday, May 05, 2020

Cinco de Mayo

Happy Cinco de Mayo! 

First we made 100 pb&j sandwiches for the Good Samaritan House.




Then we ate molcajetes and Mexican Coke.


Before I left to Clara's, I asked the boys to make a Tres Leches cake so it had time to sit in the milk.
Neither said they knew how. 
Good thing it's easy and the instructions for the basic cake are right on the box, I said.
And I sent them the recipe for the milks. Because they both know how to read.
"I believe you can do hard things!" I said.

Chris made the cake and he said it was easy.
Nick called to ask me to pick up the evaporated and condensed milks at the store while I was out with Clara. I did, and then I dropped them off to him and he made the cake. 

It was delicious and yay for trying new things.
(Making a boxed cake is new. We have plenty of experience of eating it!)



No comments: