Saturday, January 05, 2019

Winter Hike

Dan got me out of the house today on a hike up Millcreek Winter Gate again with Kershaw. It takes longer to drive up there than to simply walk out my door and take a walk. But the change was more invigorating and I'm glad we did it.

Lots of dogs. Lots of people on skis. Lots of families with young children on sleds, in backpacks or in arms. Lots of regular hikers like us. We even saw one woman I know. It's very populated. I'm interested to go again on a weekday and see if it's a bit quieter.

I'll introduce Dan to Desolation Trail as well for a different type of hike in the snow. And maybe lower Pipeline. But it's not my favorite. Although it's closer to get too.

Nick and Chris skied today. Nick's practicing on the rails and took a good hit. His body hurts. But he's getting pretty confident on the jumps and getting air. I wished he had a photo, but they're too busy having fun to stop and photograph. I guess that's good too.

Dan got this on Christmas of Nick jumping that bush.
We spent the evening watching Cowboys vs. Seahawks playoff game with our family and 5 of Chris' friends. Our new family room set-up did a great job of accommodating all of us. I also made the best Buffalo Tater Tots with Red Hot sauce and blue cheese! Gotta remember that snack!

The river and ice below the trail.



No comments: