Saturday, January 19, 2019

Kalos2019

I've been so looking forward to relaxing by the pool, reading, sleeping and being warm! Not to mention, having a vacation just before Marty gets home makes the time go faster.

We arrived in Costa Rica late last night. Dan is speaking at a conference and I tagged along. Even though we travelled all day yesterday, the minute I board the plane, I'm on vacation. I had a new book, Nine Perfect Strangers, by Liane Moriarty,  (my favorite author -- you know this, right?), another book by my other favorite author (Fredrik Backman -- Us Against You) and several Real Simple magazines.

Plus treats -- something salty, something sweet, (ok, two something sweets), and a sandwich for lunch. And a water bottle.



Our flight left at 11:00 a.m. We had a two hour layover in Atlanta. Then an hour and a half drive to the hotel. We didn't arrive until midnight, so it was a long travel day. But we could sleep in the next morning and had no plans except to sit by the pool, so we stayed up an extra couple of hours reading. (I finished Nine Perfect Strangers today. Dan's reading it now.)


When we were researching what to do in Costa Rica, we realized our resort is four hours from the most popular tourist attractions and adventures -- Monteverde cloud forest, Arenal volcano, zip lines, and canyoneering. We're here such a short time, we didn't want to spend a day in the car. So we'll have to wait for adventuring the next time we come.

Today we slept in, had a leisurely breakfast, explored the hotel, booked massages for tomorrow, and relaxed by the pool for five hours -- reading, sleeping, swimming and talking. We needed this.

A stranger on the beach took this photo of us and then AirDropped it to me!

Photos from the Journey

Girl talking a mile a minute to a gaggle of ladies--looked like a girls trip--
and doing exercises at the same time in the plane terminal. I know its kind of catty to take her photo.
But I did it anyway.
Both times we were waiting for our flights, two different moms
were working on reading with their daughters with a
whole stack of books and homework papers.
It reminded me of a past life where I was always trying to
maximize every minute.
Watching someone else in the thick of it made me tired.
And grateful to be past that.
Chris called while we were driving to our hotel to see if Dan could warm up the hot tub.
This is Dan using an app on his phone to warm up the hot tub
back home IN SALT LAKE
ALL THE WAY FROM COSTA RICA.

No comments: