Wednesday, January 09, 2019

Phyllis' Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

I haven't made Phyllis' Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies in such a long time. 
Years. Maybe even a decade.

We have youth conference this weekend so I needed to make two dozen cookies.
(We had a ski vacation planned long before youth conference was planned. 
So we're only going to YC for an evening.)

Oatmeal Choc. Chip Cookies. Siren Song.
(I couldn't figure out how to use that in a sentence. I even googled it. But I couldn't make it work.
But I think the words and the idea were still important to record ;-)


2 sticks butter
1 C sugar
1 C brown sugar 
(mine was hard as a rock but that's another pinterest post)
2 eggs
1 T vanilla
1/2 t salt
1/2 t baking soda
1 t baking powder
2 C flour
4 1/2 C oatmeal
1 bag chocolate chips (the LARGE kind! This was Phyllis' signature step.)

Bake 375* for 13 minutes

You're welcome.

And have you ever had these before? They're sooo good. Weirdly juicy.
You're welcome again.



No comments: