Sunday, January 27, 2019

Recognizing Your Testimony

At some point I'm going to transcribe Marty's Homecoming talk and include it here. Because I just realized I can't embed an audio file (without a lot of learning -- which I'm too tired to do.)

His talk was awesome. He's a great speaker, very articulate and comfortable in front of a crowd. (Although he said he was nervous.) He shared about how his testimony grew over the course of his mission and how the best part of testifying to others, was recognizing his own testimony.

The Youth Speaker cancelled so Eric Rigby was asked to come up and bear his testimony which was so perfect given he's been close to Marty all his life. He told how he's known me from high school, then Dan from the MTC and then how we reconnected coincidentally when we moved here. He's a great story teller so that was fun. He talked about ripples and the effects we have on others. It was pretty poignant.

We had everyone over for cinnamon rolls and fruit (Village Baker -- just reminding myself for the future!), juice and chocolate milk. It was very easy and low maintenance. We all enjoyed visiting with friends and family who came to welcome Marty home. I want to list people I remember, just because I'm so appreciative to all who came and it's such a happy memory. I'll forget some, I'm sure...
Gram and Grandma Nancy. Jo Ellen and Kelly. Ryan. (Kory was out of town.) Marge. Winger Family. Diane, Luke, Sam and Max. Morgan Paul and Madi Wickham drove down together from Provo. Michael Adair family. Rob Weaver family and John Weaver family. Goldsberrys and Janke's. Margo and Ross Fornelius and Lexie and Christopher and their two kids. Bob & Tammy Neslen. Marty Banks. Bradleys & Gregg & Marian Christensen. Grant & Truman Christensen. Pres. Gochnour told me he saw Marty on the schedule and said he wanted to be at our ward that day. Shane Giddings. The Howells. Watts & Bennions. Courtneys friends -- Carly, Ashlyn, Tessa, Taylor and Cole and Lisa Jones. All of  Chris' friends. So many of Marty's friends -- Aldo (and Tania & Pedro Chipana), Ethan Critchfield, Haley and Avery (Amelia is sick). Johnny, Richards Family, Nate, Hoole Family, Parker. Rigby Family. Lance Peterson, Kyle and Chris Peterson. Thomas. Calvin and Simon -- Vanguard friends. Cole Anderson. Bridger Pack. Kate & Suzy Rasch. Emilie Ebert. Mia Nebekker. Ryan Moffat. Will Rigby. Gitte & Jason Parkinson. Ken Wooley. Jackson Frank. Henry Siddoway. Isaac Rigby & Chase Hopkins.

For several hours our home was absolutely filled with people who love Marty, who love our other kids, who love our family. It was the most marvelous taste of heaven. Johnny stayed long and we talked and talked about missions and Japan and college plans.

Ethan came over later that night and we talked and talked about missions. It's so great to get to see all these kids that I love so much again! I haven't seen them regularly for two years -- I've missed them!


No comments: