Tuesday, January 22, 2019

The Best of Times and the Worst of Times

One of the best parts of tagging along with Dan on a conference (besides a trip together, sun and relaxing together), is Rachel is often there tagging along with Jeremy! We hung out this afternoon at lunch and then were together again at dinner with clients. Perks.

Both days at lunch we've had some visitors looking for handouts. Not going to lie, it was a little creepy. I wonder if you live here you're as unconcerned about them as you are squirrels in Utah. Or rats in New York. But that being said, I while I'm used to seeing both of those, I don't want either hanging out near me while I'm eating my lunch!

(Reminds me when we lived in New York and my friends and I were in the park eating lunch with our kids. We sensed squirrels behind us and as we turned to protect our lunches, discovered it was actually rats! Ugh!)


Dan pulling both legs up in his chair to avoid accidental iguana contact!

I stayed up long into the night so I could finish my book (Us Against You) and bawl my eyes out in private and REALLY enjoy the emotion the book stirred up. Backman is a genius describing humanity. The best and the worst within all of us. A lot like going on a journey to hell and back.


Tomorrow we head home which feels like we're getting that much closer to Marty!

And while we've been enjoying sun and relaxing in Costa Rica, Utah is having a snowstorm. So much snow that the canyons were closed and they couldn't ski on Martin Luther King Day! Chris and Nick sounded like they still had fun skiing Saturday and playing in the snow Monday, but they also had to spend time shoveling!

Look really carefully and you can see Nick on the ATV at the end of the driveway while Chris is shoveling the pathways. Good boys.

Meanwhile someone pried open all the locking mailboxes at home and stole the mail -- including Nick's report card check from Gram. And my new implant tooth is loose.

The best of times and worst of times.


No comments: