Friday, January 11, 2019

Family Ski Day

My perfect ski day is one where we aren't rushed.
We wake up, stretch, eat breakfast and leisurely get ready.
THEN, we walk downstairs and onto the slopes.

Yes, it was 11:00 by the time we were in the ski line, but there was no stress involved!


The morning was a little gray, but by noon, most clouds had dispersed and the sun was shining.
Dan had organized today to be a family ski day. Friends could join us at dinner.
Of course Dan, Nick and Chris are much better skiers than I am. 
But I'm decent. I can go on black diamonds, I just prefer to find the groomed ways down.


I always get pre-ski-stressed because I know my feet will hurt in my boots, it's a struggle to get my ski pants buttoned, I feel like a cocoon in my ski jacket that's a touch too small, and my legs will get tired out by the end of the day which makes me feel less secure and nervous.

But actually my feet didn't even hurt at all and I was toasty warm and not uncomfortable in my cocoon at all. (Although I did decide we needed to shop for bigger pants and coat.)

At one time Nick asked, "How are your feet feeling, Mom? Are they ok?"
And another time Dan said, "Let's take the moguls way." And Nick said, "What about Mom?"
It warmed my heart that he was looking out for me.

(Generally if there is a groomed run, there's a mogul run next to it, so that's where we compromise.)
Once I got onto a huge mogul hill that is usually groomed,
but I did it, AND was a good sport about it. WIN!

The snowmaking machines caused all the trees to be covered in a dusting of snow 
that made them all look flocked. It was really beautiful.

We had a late lunch back at the condo. Our tradition is paninis and soup. 
Only Dan went back out again and liked going by himself so he could "really hit it."

Then we went to Park City to Divonza's for pizza and met up with 
Nick's two friends and Chris' ten friends.


But I'm glad we had a day to ourselves!

No comments: